Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Days Go By

For me in high school there wasn't any specific person, event or course that formed who I am today. It was more of a collective effort of numerous teachers, classes, jobs, and of course my parents. Throughout high school I was involved in a wide variety of programs starting my freshmen year as a soccer player and a football trainer. As the years went by my interests changed and I discovered many new talents such as my love for advertisement and small businesses. I started a job at a local tanning salon my junior year and soon decided that in the future I would too run my very own business someday! I joined the DECA club (a work studies program where you compete in different categories usually dealing with business, advertising, etc.) at school and soon took us all the way to Internationals in Florida for our E-Commerce Business. Getting this far in competition was not only the effort of my partner and myself, but my teachers, my personal work experience, and the morals I learned from my family. I went to a majority of my teachers for advice on my written paper to how to produce an informative but persuasive speech. I basically had to sell my product and thats where my personal work experience as a saleswoman came in handy. When times got tough and it didn't ever seem like we would get that trophy, I didn't let myself quit, because Mom always said, quitters never win and winners never quit! DECA was only one of the many programs I was involved in during my high school career, and they each had their own significance in those four years. But all of them put together have formed who I am today and if I could go back, I wouldn't have changed a thing!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very interesting and useful. I'm surprised that your school offered such an opportunity. My schools never did. Good for you!

ca1205 said...

That is awesome that you committed yourself to that program!! Good Job!